Check out the quickstart tutorial to get started.
If you run into a problem that is not answered in these docs, please find us on IRC or Twitter. We’re happy to help!
Is BundleWrap the right tool for you?
We think you will enjoy BundleWrap a lot if you:
- know some Python
- like to write your configuration from scratch and control every bit of it
- have lots of unique nodes
- are trying to get a lot of existing systems under management
- are NOT trying to handle a massive amount of nodes (let’s say more than 1000)
- like to start small
- don’t want yet more stuff to run on your nodes (or mess with appliances as little as possible)
- prefer a simple tool to a fancy one
- want as much as possible in git/hg/bzr
- have strongly segmented internal networks
You might be better served with a different config management system if you:
- are already using a config management system and don’t have any major issues
- hate Python and/or JSON
- like to use community-maintained configuration templates
- need unattended bootstrapping of nodes
- need to manage non-Linux systems
- don’t trust your coworkers
We have also prepared a comparison with other popular config management systems.